This week we asked the question: What are three things you might not know about THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride to each of our 9 locations. Check out their responses!
Cape Cod Central Railroad
1. Our Buzzards Bay Station was built in 1912 before the Cape Cod Canal was opened in 1916.
2. We are located at the base of the Cape Cod Canal Railroad bridge which was opened in 1935. At the time it was the longest vertical lift bridge in US. It is now currently the second longest.
3. We are the only railroad running The Polar Express Ride in MA.
Saratoga & North Creek Railway
1. Trains begin on Friday, November 18th and run on select dates through Friday, December 23rd.
2. The trains are real, full-sized train cars, which depart from Saratoga Springs Station to go to “The North Pole”.
3. Our delicious chocolate chip cookies are made locally by Izzie’s in North Creek!
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride in Middleton, WI
1. We are at a new location this year
2. Back in the 1990s a dinner train used to depart from this location
3. We are having job fairs
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride in Batesville, MS
1. Last year was our maiden voyage to the North Pole, so this year our guests will be joining the 2nd Annual Polar Express Train Ride! Talk it up on your Social Media with #PolarExpressMS and #Believe
2. We’re sure to hear children exclaim, “He looks like me!” Exciting to have an African American Santa on board here in Batesville, Mississippi!
3. Our Event Manager team is a pair of local business owners, fully committed to making this year’s Polar Express chock-full of happy memories for everyone.
1. Did you know that the Eastern Flyer Railroad Station in Stillwater, OK was built over 100 years ago? It is on the National Register of Historic Places and even features toilets in the restrooms that flush with an overhead cord!
2. Not only will you get to experience a little history at the Stillwater Polar Express, you will have the opportunity to go downtown and meet Santa’s reindeer, go on a horse drawn carriage ride, or even grab some food from one of the many food trucks!
3. If you need to get some Christmas shopping done while you are in town, be sure to check out the Jinglebell Sweepstakes for a chance to win free tickets to the Polar Express in Stillwater!
Texas State Railroad
1. When you take a ride to the North Pole on the Texas State Railroad, you travel in vintage train cars that hold strong historical significance to the local community.
2. Texas State Railroad has been designated as the “Official Railroad of Texas”!
3. When you take a ride on the Texas State Railroad, you truly experience a “Texas Treasure”!
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride in Wolfforth, TX
1. Polar is Returning for the 9th year to West Texas
2. There are cast members, including Santa, which can do Sign Language. We had a whole train car of Deaf Education Students ride the train Last
year. You should have seen how the kids faces lit up when Santa was able to talk to them using sign language.
3. We harvest “snow ball seeds” to send to the North Pole
Mt Hood Railroad
- You can see two mountains from our train: Mt Hood and Mt Adams
- We have a vintage dome car from the 1950 with an upper level for great views. We opened this car in 2008.
- This railroad has been in operation since 1906.
Santa Cruz & Monterey Bay Railway
- Although this is our first season doing THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride we have operated a Christmas train out of Watstonville.
- The Santa Cruz Boardwalk arcades will be decorated for the holidays. (All ticketed riders get a $10 MyBoardwalk card good in the arcades)
- We are excited to work with some worthy area charities this season
That’s all for this week.